Monday, August 11, 2008

Please Baby, Baby Please!

Jaguar Wright's song "Let Me Be The One" is on. Everytime I hear this song, I get nauseous. I can't stand it when women beg men to be with them. Ugh! "I can be everything you need as long as you let me...\We could have so much fun if only you would let me...\Let me be your girl\I'll give you the world". There's something about a woman begging a man to be with her that drives me crazy. Maybe it's because I was that girl for a quick second. It seriously makes me woozie when I think about how I pleaded for him to stay with me. What makes it worse is that he broke up with me because he said he couldn't be all that I needed him to be. But you know how we do. We'll beg and plead all because of the fear of being alone. All because "the plan" says we were supposed to be married two years ago. Ladies! Where is our pride?! Our dignity?! Our self-esteem?! You don't see men carrying on and crying after a woman. If you did nothing wrong, please don't beg a man to be with you. If you don't see what it is that he's losing without you, how will he?

Check out Brown Sistas post here on why we stay in relationships longer than we should.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Preach! One thing I make it a point to tell every dude I get involved with from the jump is: "If there ever comes a time that you don't want to be with me for any reason, please let me know immediately. Don't think you're doing me any favors by staying with me".

I just think the notion that the BEST I can do is be with a man who doesn't want to be with me (like I said for any reason) is insulting and goes against every fabric of my being. I refuse to believe I was put on this earth to be anything less than cherished by the man that is truly meant for me.

jendayi said...

Right. I'm so with you on that! The BEST you can do is to be with a man that isn't sure?! What does that say about you?! A woman who begs a man to stay with her and actually manages to convince him, will only get dogged. How can he respect her after that?

Chari said...

I feel you girl. As long as you let go and realize that he may have actually been right...Don't you hate that! lol

Related Posts with Thumbnails