Monday, August 11, 2008

Readjust

Things kinda spun out of control today. I don't know how... Wait... Stop. That's not true. I DO know how. I know exactly where I let the control slip out of my fingers. (Isn't it funny how we always seem to blame things on the air when we're clearly in the wrong?) I thought that I could be big and bad and do the same thing that other people do, but as is normally the case, I was quickly readjusted. My friends and acquaintances never get caught when stealing from the cookie jar. But as soon as I reach for that cookie, not only does the 10 bell alarm go off, but I find myself face down on the ground with a knee in my back and handcuffs on my wrists. And even worse, my mom and dad appear out of no where looking at me with disapproving expressions. I can't get away with anything!

Because of the experiences I've had, I assumed I could build an ice block around my heart and run around the city not caring. I tried to be contrary to who I truly am. Hard. Emotionless. Frank. Blunt. Inattentive. Negligent. Well that lasted all of what? 1 week? I've had more crazy WTH moments than I care to mention.

The holy spirit must be my best friend because its protection is extraordinary. There's no way that all of the things that happened today were mere coincidences. I've been warned left and right and have no business ignoring the message. I need to slow down, realign myself, and be the mushy, romantic, and soft but smart, attentive and quick j.a.c. that I am.

Lol. I really tried not to care ya'll! Who am I kidding?! Lol. Oh I crack myself up.

2 comments:

T.a.c.D said...

there is nothing wrong with that...i tried that all of what two years ago with my date to the kimsha ball, member that...yea didn't work...

we are who we are and there is NOTHING wrong with that...embrace and and be the BEST jac, mushy romantic...smart sistah you can be

at least it only lasted a week...LOL

Chari said...

Glad you came out of it girl!
And there will be other tests to go there again.
I am still fighting that from time to time.

So, keep doing you! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails