Wednesday, May 30, 2007

All Over The Place

I’m not feeling very well today. My monthly friend is kicking my butt. I’m trying so hard not to let her ruin my spirit but she’s taking over. I feel like I weigh 800 lbs every time she rears her ugly little head. I’m moving SO slow today. I just need to sleep. Sleep is always the remedy. At least I get to go to work early. I should be out by 6 today. I’m listening to a sexxxy groove mix of a music website. The song that’s playing now reminds me of Boomerang (the movie). “It feel so good la la. Just like heaven. Oh it’s so sweet. Oh it’s so sweet…” I believe that’s the song that plays during the bedroom scene. Eddie Murphy and Robin Givens. I wasn’t allowed to watch that movie when it first came out. I remember I was out of school for the summer when I first saw it. It must have been during high school because only then could I have spent my days laying on the couch watching movies. “I love it when we’re cruising together.” I miss D’Angelo. I thought he was getting his self together. HM had a preview song from him a while back. Speaking of previews, I’ve been listening to Carl Thomas’ new CD a lot. I love it. Carl Thomas is the man! He makes me want to grab my honey and dance. My honey… That man… Dynamic, smart, profound, spiritual, intuitive, positive… Made for me… Simply amazing… I told him that I loved him for the first time today. I meant it with all my heart too. Can’t wait for our special dinner on Friday. Ladies – don’t you just love it when a man picks you up from your house? I don’t care if you’ve been together for 3 years or 3 months. There’s something about getting cute and him knocking on your door. What’s up with all this “meet me there” stuff? It’s like they don’t care. That’s lazy. Pure laziness. Yeah dating is hard fellas. Dag on real it takes time, effort and energy! But if it’s too much, then don’t do it! Don’t do it and LEAVE HER ALONE! I wish dudes would stop stringing around females that they don’t want. That’s so cruel. It doesn’t matter if these girl’s don’t have self-worth. Do you? Men should think more of themselves than they do sometimes. But I guess that’s one of life’s lessons. Now here’s a serious topic, since I’m on the topic of men…tackling issues from your side of the coin… Abortions. I’m so concerned with how many of you men have had abortions. Yes, if you have gotten a female pregnant and she had an abortion, then you have had the abortion too. Don’t think it’s just her. You lost YOUR child too. Over the last few days, I’ve talked to not one, not two, but three young men who have all had abortions. I’m amazed at how such a light issue it is. It’s like asking someone if they’ve ever had smoke weed before. "Have you ever had an abortion? Yeah man! Haven’t you?!" HELLO! Doesn’t it bother you guys?! I mean you discuss it as if it’s a fact of life and not a tragedy. Well maybe it is just a fact of life when you look at how young sexually active people are. Do you really feel unconnected from the incident because you’re not officially the one laying on the table getting cut into? I don’t know… I have very strong feelings about this. Maybe it’s just because I’m emotional today. But in any case, my questions are valid. I’m shaking my leg right now. That means I’m nervous, annoyed, bothered or antsy. Thank goodness for this music in my ears right now. Otherwise my emotions would be heightened times 10. I think I’m going to end this now. Holla back.

7 comments:

layne bowden said...

heyyyy j.a.c.

i can't believe i'm the first person to reply to this post! dha hell everybody at??! (lol)

anyway, i loved it! and yes, there is something special about being picked up at your house by that special someone. i think a lot of men... and women... have forgotten what it's like to actually date and be dated, courted, whateva! it does require effort; however anything worth having usually does.

the abortion thing. i absolutely love the way you said it, "men who have had abortions". wow. if i were a dude, i would have instantly sat up and taken notice! anyway... my 3dollars and 60cents worth is that, usually for younger people, the guys are jus so relieved that the girl is having an abortion (because they aren't "ready" to be fathers) that they don't take the time to think about the fact that they are losing a child too. the ignorance of youth! anyway, i could go on and on and on, but i won't... (lol)

great post! damn you for making me think this morning!! (lol)

peace, love, and hugs!

T.a.c.D said...

how about i loved this post...i love when i can see inside your soul and your life..

wow, in love, that's GREAT love is a beautiful thing...and i am SO happy that you have grown to that point in your relationship...

abortions-i LOVE what you said about "yes you had one too" it is in deed the truth, because that child was part of two individuals not just ONE...i am like jus and can go on and on about this one...but its definitely a GREAT point..

i hope you get some rest...

jendayi said...

jus - it's good to see you again lady. girl i don't have the following you have! lol. that's why you're first. not to say that you couldn't be first if i my average number of readers was 20... ;) i don't think women demand to be courted. that's half the problem right there. a man tells them to meet him, and they jump. abortion - hopefully you're right and someone WILL listen. thanks for stopping by again.

t.c. - i should write more posts like this huh? it definitely lets others know what's going on in this crazy little head of mine. i'm glad you appreciated it.

Anonymous said...

I LOVED reading this post. It was so real, so everyday life, SO MANY things I wonder about and wanna know the answer to.

Bye, I gotta read it again.

jendayi said...

From Kep:

I couldn't post, so here:

Alright,

So I haven't read this or talked to you in a while, so maybe I'm out of the loop. . . are you DATING CARL THOMAS??? I mean, you are in Cali. . . I can't tell if you're being metaphorical deep Jendi by saying your special night on Friday and how you told him you love him today. . . I dunno. . .

Aaaaaaaanyways. . . The abortion issue. I personally would be mortified if I contributed to a life and it was lost, especially by choice. Still, you know how men are these days. Just like they can string a woman along and then not care, or be sleeping with several women (telling each they love them), a man can have a baby and not give a crap. Women take sex and child birth more seriously than men do.

My girl was explaining how there's this hormone called oxytosin or something like that that causes women to feel attached to a man after having sex or when cuddling or anything like that. Men however, don't have that attachment hormone, so they can just get up and go. The oxytosin apparently also gives women that "post-sex glow" and "pregnant woman glow" in order to keep the man around to care for his young, because, again, he doen't have that connection.

I think there's a spiritual side too. But I honestly think that the responsibility to a child or woman is something trained and learned.
Something that people just aren't teaching anymore.

Peace,
Kep.

jendayi said...

Kep - Thanks for commenting. "But I honestly think that the responsibility to a child or woman is something trained and learned.
Something that people just aren't teaching anymore." - Wow. That's it right there!

And no Kep. I am NOT dating Carl Thomas. lol.

Ms.Honey said...

I love me some Carl Thomas...hmmm I need to find his new CD...

Related Posts with Thumbnails