Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Hi

Good morning everyone,

How's your day going so far? Well I hope. I'm doing well except for this slight crick in my neck. Don't you just hate those? =/ I don't really want anything... I just wanted to say hi to all of blogworld. I realize that I don't tend to write directly to the bloggers who come to visit the space, so this is my attempt to formally do so and to say thank you and that I appreciate your comments. One of my girlfriends who also happens to be a blogger, said that she believes all bloggers write for attention. You'd have to know her to understand where this comment came from and why it was so hilarious. I was kinda shocked when she said that and ended up laughing at her. I think my exact words to her where "Who says that?!" =) I bring this out to say that while I appreciate your comments and your visits, I don't blog for attention. I love hearing what others have to say, but I blog as a release. I blog for me. Writing is my therapy, whether it's in a private journal, in email or on blogger.com. I do believe that some blog for attention. Those blogs are in fact very transparent. You know within the first couple of lines of a blog whether a person is just writing for a reaction or not. But anyway, I don't want to leave you with that. That's not all that positive ya know? Negativity can draw a person to their knees, which is why I appreciate bloggers who write about gratitude, positive lessons learned and love. It's such a beautiful thing to read people's thoughts on upbuilding things. =) Especially when they're sincere. I don't think I've ever done a gratitude post. For some reason, I really don't care to. I like skimming over others, but posting my own thankful-for's isn't appealing to me. Is that weird? I think I tend to use that energy in other places.

Ok. I just have to share something. I sent a forward to my baby boi about natural highs. I really enjoyed the list so I shared it with him. Some of my favorites were hot towels fresh out of the dryer, a good conversation, having someone tell you that you're beautiful, waking up and realizing you still have a few hours left to sleep, and a special glance. Anway, baby boi emails me back with the sweetest line ever. "That's why I don't need to smoke. I have you." I soooooo loved that!! Am I being extra right now?! Lol. He used to smoke when we began talking and gave it upon learning that I thought it was disgusting. So I guess that means a lot to me. Now that's a natural high. A sweet one-liner from your significant other in the morning. Mmmm... I'm smiling. Can you tell? I'm listening to R.Kelly's new album through a listening party website right now and he's singing about how he has a sweet tooth for his girl. So perfect for how I'm feeling right now. My heart is full...

Well I'm going to get to work now. I hope you took something interesting from my brief letter to you, even though it wasn't a gratitude list or a inspirational poem of the sorts and even though I became slightly selfish and talked about myself for a second. =/ Have an amazingly happy day everyone. And don't forget to make someone else smile!

In all sincerity,

j.a.c.

1 comment:

T.a.c.D said...

i am so glad that your heart is full...that's a WONDERFUL feeling...when you walk around with this glow of love and it shows all over! I am so happy for you

Related Posts with Thumbnails