Thursday, May 17, 2007

Stuff

The heater under my desk is making a high pitched noise. I wonder if I should turn it in and ask for another. I have headphones on so it doesn't bother me all that much, but what about my co-workers?

I got a summons for jury duty in Compton. Great. =(

Bathroom Etiquette. I need to give a seminar on such to these nasty females around here. It's so disturbing. Grown women who don't wash their hands... pee all over the toilet seat. I feel like we're in kindergarden. Do I seriously need to put up signs like I did when I was a RA in college? "If you sprinkle when you tinkle, please be neat and wipe the seat!" You know what the nastiest most germ invested thing in bathroom is? The bolt on the bathroom door! Just think about it. After people wipe themselves, what's the first thing they touch? That bathroom stall lock! The handle on the bathroom door is probably not as nasty as that little silver latch on the stall door! ILLL.. Use your sleeves or toilet paper to get out of stalls people!

I'm going to see an opera tonight. Porgy and Bess. I've never seen it. Once I heard that one of my favorite songs comes from that play, I was ecstatic. Check out Fantasia tear the song up here. And of course nothing beats the original... Ella Fitzgerald and Louis Armstrong. This song is SO sexy. It gives me goosebumps everytime I hear it.

So Jaslene wins America's Next Top Model!! I was so happy for her. My spicey Latina sister! Is she the first Latina to win? I think she is! And can you believe Melinda was voted off American Idol??!! I guess that was predictable though. I didn't expect Melinda to be the Idol. She'll do well without the title with her Aretha Franlin, Gladys Knight self. Get it Melinda! So now that it's between Blake and Jordin, we all pretty much know who's going to win. I want Blake to win, but Jordin might take it. Blake has skills.. he reminds me of a young Prince - a true musician. He'll be the one to produce, create and craft music. Jordin just fits the Idol image. A good voice, a beautiful girl, young, smiley... You can pretty much mold her into whatever. I wonder how much politics goes into who's chosen.

I'm listening to Jennifer Lopez's spanish album "Como Ama Una Mujer" right now. Yes I did buy the CD. Stop hatin. lol. I enjoy her music. Especially this CD. There's so much passion in it. I don't care what language you're speaking or singing in, passion is understood by all. I like her voice too. It's very sweet. I'm not saying she's a sanger... so chill everyone.. lol. I said it's sweet. But I'm a big fan of JLo. She's an incredible performer and I would love to see her in concert.

The New World Flamenco Festival is coming. I got my pre-sale mailing a couple of days ago. If anyone knows me, they know I live and die for a good flamenco performance. Since no one really feels for it the way I do, for the past couple of years, I've treated myself to the performances. It's a good night for me to bury myself in a seat and melt into the passions bursting off the stage. I can't wait. There are three different shows. Of course I wish I could go to all three, but I'll focus my attentions on one for money sake. I wish I could attend the first and last though.

Kelly Rowland's CD comes out July 3rd. Do you think it'll be any good? Why haven't I heard her single on the radio out here in LA. I hear other places are playing it. Mya comes out August 14th. I'm looking forward to some good dance tracks. Get my groove on! When is Amerie coming out with her album?! These people are taking too long. Let's go already!

Have a happy day!

6 comments:

It is What It Is... said...

Love Porgy and Bess...one of my favorites...its on my profile. lol

Daneger said...

Did you say that Blake reminds you of a young Prince?!!!? WOW! I think that may be giving him way to much credit.

jendayi said...

yep. i sure did. i think blake studies his craft and his skills like prince does. blake is like a magician with his talent. he goes into his hole, conjures up stuff in his own little world and then performs it.

as far as sound, style, and legacy goes, i wouldn't dare put them in the same category.

i wonder what prince was doing when he was blake's age, or just starting out.

Anonymous said...

Darn!! I missed the season finale of America's next top model! I'm glad Jaslene won! I wanted her to win!! She's so beautiful!

Anonymous said...

LA is behind in the music department, period. That's one thing I can't get with out West...they are slow...or should I say, just not what I am used to.

The fact that you haven't heard Kelly Rowland's single featurig Eve is a prime example. What a shame...LOL!!!

Keep your head up girl. You are very much so musically informative, thanks to the East and you know TC and I will keep you abreast.

jendayi said...

yep. the only place i've heard "Like This" is on my computer. thank goodness for youtube.

Related Posts with Thumbnails