Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Killing Me Slowly

I need to meditate for a second. My co-worker is killing me. She's a major staple in the department and has an enormous amount of responsibility. She touches many of the executives in finance and is always presenting something to the directors and finance heads. Since joining this department, she's been training me on everything and I am so overwhelmed. Well overwhelmed might not be the right word, but she certainly is tiring me out. She's throwing a lot of responsibility on my shoulders which leaves me no time to take care of the other assignments that I need to work on. She normally comes in around 10am, but hardly do I have time to myself. She leaves me with assignments and follow-ups that keep me occupied throughout the day. I thought I was going to have a little me time today because I was able to take care of everything before I left work yesterday, but I just got an email from her saying that she'll be in early today. In ten minutes to be exact. =( If this woman doesn't slow down she's going to kill me. I love the challenge, but I have other responsibilities that I need to take care of. I have to give a presentation on Friday that I haven't started in addition to editing and submiting my goals on my Performance Evaluation. I've had those as tasks since last Thursday and I haven't been able to touch either of them. I'm going to tell her that I need a day. I understand that everything she has is hot, but I need to dedicate time to other things. Feel me?

I have 8 minutes until blast off. *sigh* Let me prepare myself.


Have a nice day everyone.

6 comments:

T.a.c.D said...

I can totally understand how you are feeling...totally!
you will do well though...ask for your day...and make GOOD use of it...because you might not get it again

B.m.W said...

Personal days at work...I'm a huge fan! Keep the lines of communication open. I'm sure you've probably just been knocking this stuff out so quickly that she feels you may not have had enough to do.

It's a great sign though. The more you have to do, the more secure your job is. That's how I see it.

Blu Jewel said...

i agree with b.m.w, but if it does become too overwhelming or perpetually interferes with other taks, you might need to speak with her about it. if you don't, you'll be burned out and no good to yourself or anyone else.

jendayi said...

great advice guys. thank you.

Anonymous said...

Sounds tough!! Hope everything works out for ya!

Stay strong, Sis! =)

jendayi said...

Thanks sis. I definitely will.

Related Posts with Thumbnails