Thursday, May 10, 2007

I'm Coming Home Baby!

It's Friday!!! Well for me at least. I'm so excited! I'm leaving this prison-of-an-office today promptly at 3:45pm to pack and hop on an 9:30pm flight home. This trip is so overdue. It's been forever since I've been around the pieces of my soul (mom, dad, sis and close friends). I just need a break for a second. A break from LA and the routine to get some down-right-home-grown-lovin. Whatcha'll know about that? =)

I already have big, great, happy plans for the weekend. I get in around 5am Friday morning and will spend most of the day with my mom (she took off to spend quality time with me!) until we start picking people up from the airport. My dad and sister will be flying back in from Oklahoma University where they will have packed up my sis for the summer, and my Nana will be flying in from NY. Later that evening is the highly anticipated Girls Night In!! I'm so excited for this... RM, JC, KW, TC and I will be spending our evening together being the flyest, most bangin set of females you have ever seen in your life. lol. I've dubbed the theme of the night "Showstoppers!" LOL. We're going to have Japanese at Kobe's for dinner and then head back to TC's house for wine, dessert, music and girl talk. We've all agreed to put on our fabulous pumps or heels and be prepared to talk about one thing we're greatful for. Isn't that just cute? We're going to have so much fun. Saturday is the big day. My mom is GRADUATING!! I'm so happy for her. After 24 years, my mom finally went back to school and grabbed that degree! Sinec she dropped out when she got pregnant with me, it's extra special to me that she's finally walking across that stage. My Nana and my aunts & uncles, friends and immediate family will spend the entire day together... taking pics, eating out, laughing, hugging. Talk about familial warmth! Then Sunday is my parent's 25th wedding anniversary. I'm leaving around 8am on that day which is cool because that will be their day. My sis and I need not impose on something so sacred. 25 freakin' years!! I can't believe that! I'm so happy for them! My sis and I have planned something special for them which I know they'll love so I'll be there with them in spirit during their day. And then my baby boi is picking me up from the airport to take me out on an early Sunday date. (I get in at 10:45am. I love that 3 hour differential when I'm going back west.) So yes... I'm as happy as can be right now. I'm know there's no use in trying to concentrate today. I have nothing but happiness and love and joy to look forward to.

I'm coming home baby!!!!

5 comments:

B.m.W said...

I hope you had a great time! Lord knows you needed a break. Maybe LA will actually be a refreshing site when you touchdown.

jendayi said...

hmm... i really didn't have that feeling when i touched down b. i wonder what that means. maybe my trip wasn't long enough.

blkbutterfly said...

i lived in Cali (Santa Barbara, to be exact) and i know what you mean about taking a break and needing to come home for a while. it sounds like you had a fabulous time planned! i hope you had a great trip.

oh, and i'm from Oklahoma and although i didn't go to OU, it always makes me smile when i see ppl reference the Sooner state! :-)

B.m.W said...

I don't think it's a good thing :( Before I transferred to IU, I always got sad going back to my old campus, whether I was leaving home or the grocery store in town.

Then again, you seem to be having a great time in LA a majority of the time. So, it can't be that bad, right?

jendayi said...

blkbutterfly - go Sooners!! =D

Related Posts with Thumbnails